Our friends at the Idaho Statesman featured a special article about a bartender, in the Boise area, who squeezed fresh huckleberries to make a wonderful ‘adult’ drink. He lovingly calls his drink the Huckleberry Hound!
Here is his recipe:
- 2 tbsp. fresh huckleberries
- .5 oz. Lemon juice
- 2 oz. Premium vodka
- 1 oz. Simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar boiled until sugar dissolves)
- Sugar (to rim the cocktail glass)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle huckleberries.
- Add simple syrup, lemon juice, vodka.
- Shake for 30 seconds and double strain into cocktail glass with a sugared rim.
- Alternately, pour contents into 6 shot glasses with sugared rims. Rinse glass and repeat.
Now, if you like simple recipes with as little fuss as possible, you can create something very similar to this recipe by mixing your favorite alcoholic beverage with our concentrated Huckleberry Lemonade (made right here in Idaho).