The holiday times call for some new delicious desserts. So I found this wonderful recipe for Raspberry Huckleberry Lush cream dessert.
It is sure to be a hit at Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any other special occasion.
Raspberry Huckleberry Lush
Cuisine Huckleberry Desserts Category ~Huckleberry Sweets
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup melted margarine or butter
- 1/2 to 1 C. crushed nuts (almonds or walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts)
- heaping 1/4 C. powdered Sugar or 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 9 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Danish junket (strawberry or raspberry) pudding, glaze, and pie filling
- 1/4 cup or more huckleberries
- Mix together crust ingredients, and press into 9×13″ pan. Bake at 350 until golden brown for about 15 minutes.
- Whip the Cream Cheese until soft. Now mix in the powdered sugar until blended well. Fold in the Cool Whip until mixture is smooth and well blended. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Prepare Danish junket as package directions for pie glaze. Add huckleberries to the Danish junket after it has cooled. Spread this over the Cream Cheese layer.
- Simply spread Cool Whip over the top of the pudding layer. Add additional huckleberries or almonds, if desired.