Due to COVID, many annual huckleberry festivals were canceled. But this year is different: Huckleberry festivals are back!
When we were actively producing huckleberry products, we often visited and exhibited at some of the regional huckleberry festivals. One in particular that we loved was the North Powder Huckleberry Festival in North Powder, Oregon. Being a small town in Oregon, these folks pulled off a fun and delicious festival featuring many huckleberry goodies. (check out the pictures here).
Of course, the huckleberry ‘hot spots’ are hosting a new festival for 2021. These include:
- HUCKLEBERRY COLOR FUN RUN & WALK AT SCHWEITZER MOUNTAIN, IDAHO
- HUCKLEBERRY FESTIVAL 2009 IN TROUT CREEK, MONTANA
- DONNELLY HUCKLEBERRY FESTIVAL IN DONNELLY, IDAHO
- HUCKLEBERRY HERITAGE FESTIVAL IN WALLACE, IDAHO
- HUCKLEBERRY FESTIVAL AT CASTLEROCK MOUNTAIN RESORT, PINCHER CREEK, ALBERTA, CANADA
The most unusual huckleberry festival is held in Jay, Oklahoma — yes, you read that right: Jay, Oklahoma. They also proclaim themselves as the Huckleberry Capital of the World. I wrote an article previously on this interesting little town and their festival here.
Also, check out the festivals in the following areas:
- HUCKLEBERRY FESTIVAL IN SWAN LAKE, MONTANA
- HUCKLEBERRY ARTS FESTIVAL IN WHITEFISH, MONTANA
- BINGER HUCKLEBERRY FESTIVAL IN BINGEN, WASHINGTON
In the past, five other communities hosting huckleberry festivals, but I could not find any information on a 2021 festival.
So, if you are a lover of huckleberries AND festivals, you might want to check out this updated list featured on our website here.
Yahoo! Huckleberry Festivals are back!!
PS. If you know of any other huckleberry festivals that are NOT on our list, please let us know the particulars to add them to the page.