Jump to recipe
Nothing is more refreshing and delicious on a hot day than homemade huckleberry ice cream.
There are several recipes for ice cream but here is one of my favorites from the Country Living website
Homemade Huckleberry Ice Cream
- 2 c. half-and-half
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. huckleberries
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together half-and-half, eggs, sugar, and salt.
- Place pan over medium- high heat and whisk mixture until bubbly.
- Strain into a large bowl and cool; then whisk in cream, vanilla, and berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Pour mixture into ice-cream maker; process according to manufacturer instructions.
Find more huckleberry ice cream recipes here
Please follow and like us: