Huckleberry Hurricane Adult Drink
With Christmas and New Years right around the corner, a special huckleberry drink would round out your special meal perfectly.
This recipe is from The Rowdy Baker
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup huckleberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- juice from ½ fresh lemon
- 1 tablespoon frozen limeade concentrate
- ½ cup alcohol (tequila, white rum, or vodka)
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar and water. Cook and whisk over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely. (If you are in a hurry, put ice water in a larger pan and set the small one in it to cool quickly.) You won't use all of the simple syrup, but my guess is you'll be making a second batch of drinks! If not, it will store in the refrigerator for several days.
- In a blender, combine ¼ cup of the cooled sugar mixture and the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Taste. Add additional sugar if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Author says: "I love to add a big blob (that’s a technical baking term) of huckleberry jam to the mixture in the blender, but it’s not necessary. Simple syrup sweetens the drink very well, and in a pinch – if you’re desperately eager for that drink and don’t want to make the simple syrup – you can get away with just using a couple of tablespoons of superfine sugar."
Make sure to check out the original recipe and more goodies from The Rowdy Baker