Huckleberry Chocolate Rum Cake
Looking for a special huckleberry dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years?
Check out this delicious mix of chocolate, huckleberries, and rum!!
- 15.25 ounce package Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix*
- 3.4 ounce package Devil's Food instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup safflower oil (or canola)
- 3/4 cup Bacardi Silver Rum
- 2/3 cup huckleberry preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons silver rum
- 2 Tablespoons huckleberry syrup (like pancake syrup or substitute schnapps)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and beat until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 47 to 50 minutes. Cake will start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick will come out almost clean when inserted into center of cake.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Flip cake over onto a wire cooking rack and place on a large plate.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the cake with a large spoon.
- Move cake on the rack over to a second plate and continue drizzling with glaze. Repeat process, moving cake back and forth until all glaze is sticking to the cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely before serving, 12 to 24 hours.
- Cover and store cake on the counter for up to one week.
Substitute any chocolate cake mix or scratch recipe. You may need additional liquid if using a scratch recipe.
Check out the original recipe here: Cooking with Curls