Jump to recipe
Looking for a special huckleberry dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas or New Years?
Check out this delicious mix of chocolate, huckleberries, and rum!!
Huckleberry Chocolate Rum Cake
Substitute any chocolate cake mix or scratch recipe. You may need additional liquid if using a scratch recipe.
- 15.25 ounce package Betty Crocker Super Moist Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix*
- 3.4 ounce package Devil's Food instant pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup safflower oil (or canola)
- 3/4 cup Bacardi Silver Rum
- 2/3 cup huckleberry preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons silver rum
- 2 Tablespoons huckleberry syrup (like pancake syrup or substitute schnapps)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and beat until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake in preheated oven for 47 to 50 minutes. Cake will start to pull away from the sides and a toothpick will come out almost clean when inserted into center of cake.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Flip cake over onto a wire cooking rack and place on a large plate.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and drizzle over the cake with a large spoon.
- Move cake on the rack over to a second plate and continue drizzling with glaze. Repeat process, moving cake back and forth until all glaze is sticking to the cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely before serving, 12 to 24 hours.
- Cover and store cake on the counter for up to one week.
Check out the original recipe here: Cooking with Curls
Please follow and like us: