Jump to recipe
You may have heard of huckleberry cheesecake or huckleberry ice cream, but have you heard of Huckleberry Cheesecake Ice Cream?
I found this recipe on the Use Real Butter website and thought I would share it with you.
Huckleberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen huckleberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsps cornstarch
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
Graham cracker crust
- heaping 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (or coarsely crushed graham crackers – as you like)
- 1 1/2 tbsps granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter, melted
Cream cheese ice cream base
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp bourbon (optional – but yes, please)
- Add all ingredients in a small saucepan, stirring until the smooth and lumps are gone. Stir for about 5 minutes, on medium heat, until the sauce thickens and the juices flow from the berries. If you like whole berries in your sauce, smash only about a about a third or so with the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and cool.
Graham cracker crust:
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Melt butter and pour over the cracker crumbs. Mix until all the butter is incorporated equally throughout the crumbs.
Cream cheese ice cream base:
- Pulse the cream cheese, sugar, and salt together in a food blendor or processor until smooth. Add the milk, cream, and bourbon (if using) until blended. Place the cream cheese ice cream base in your ice cream maker and churn the mixture according the manufacturer’s instructions.
Putting it all together:
- Once the ice cream resembles soft-serve consistency, scoop half of the cream cheese ice cream into a large bowl. Pour about half of the huckleberry sauce over the ice cream and sprinkle half of the graham cracker crust over the top. Repeat the steps until all the ingredients are in the bowl. If you like a swirl ice cream, run a knife or spoon along the length and bottom of the ice cream. Freeze for several hours until firm. Makes about a quart.
Make sure you check out the complete article where they share lots of pictures and tips for making this delicious huckleberry ice cream
Please follow and like us: