Huckleberry Lemon Ginger Yogurt Pops
Now that huckleberry season is winding down, we are featuring some really interested recipes that you can make using your huckleberries.
Of course, huckleberry pie and muffins are some of our readers’ favorites, but have you every tried making yogurt pops with huckleberries?
Here is a recipe I found the State Eats website (Montana recipe, but not just for folks from Montana!!)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 heaping cup huckleberries
- Zest from one lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- In a small pan, combine sugar and water. Heat over medium until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add ginger. Set aside until cool, then refrigerate.
- In the meantime, in the bowl of a food processor, process huckleberries until smooth.
- Place huckleberry puree in a sieve over a medium bowl. With a rubber spatula, press puree through the sieve, so that seeds and skin are left behind. Add lemon zest and lemon juice to the puree.
- When simple syrup is cold, remove from refrigerator, discarding ginger slices.
- Add simple syrup to puree, then add yogurt. Pour mixture into molds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until hard.
Sounds like a cool refreshing dessert on a warm day!