Huckleberry Recipes from Oklahoma
Remember when I told you that Jay, Oklahoma considered itself the Huckleberry Capital of the World?
Well agree or disagree, but they have posts some delicious huckleberry recipes in the aftermath of the huckleberry festival earlier this summer.
Check out the following recipes published on the Grand Lakes News website:
- Huckleberry Buckle
- Huckleberry Fritters
- Huckleberry Ice Cream
- Huckleberry Raspberry Jello Salad
- Huckleberry Banana Shake
- Fresh Huckleberry Cream Pie
- One more ….
- 2 C. self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 C. sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1 C. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 C. huckleberries, fresh or frozen (thaw slightly to separate)
- Cream eggs, butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Gently stir flour, milk and vanilla to the mixture.
- Sprinkle extra flour on the huckleberries to keep them from sticking together (helps them stay up in the batter, without dropping to the bottom of the pan).
- Fold the berries into the mixture and pour into small loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Turn out of pan and slice when cool