Huckleberry Lemon Verbena Tea Cake (Gluten Free)
If you are gluten free (like us), this is a perfect huckleberry cake recipe for you. According to Bojon Gourmet, where I found this wonderful recipe ….
A moist and tender gluten-free pound cake recipe that bursts with tiny huckleberries and fresh lemon verbena, all drizzled with a vanilla bean glaze. Whole grain and gum-free, this cake gets its pillowy texture and sturdy crumb from cream cheese and a happy blend of flours.
Image courtesy of Alanna Taylor Tobin | The Bojon Gourmet
- 1 stick (4 ounces / 115 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces (85 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (3.5 ounces / 100 grams) organic blonde cane sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces / 115 grams) sweet white rice flour (mochiko)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (1.5 ounces / 45 grams) GF oat flour
- 1/4 cup (1.25 ounces / 35 grams) millet flour
- 2 tablespoons (.5 ounces / 15 grams) tapioca flour/starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen huckleberries, plus 1/4 cup for topping the cake (7.75 ounces total / 220 grams)
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh lemon verbena
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces / 60 grams) powdered sugar
- seeds from 1/2 a small vanilla bean (or a splash of vanilla extract)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (enough to make a drizzle-able glaze)
- tiny lemon verbena leaves for garnish, optional
- For the instructions and more photos, click through to "The Bojon Gourmet"
Makes one 8×4, 9×5, or 10×5″ loaf
Make sure to check out their website for more delicious desserts, including the following: