If you are looking for a cute gift for your loved ones for Valentine’s Day, how about Huckleberry Cupcakes.
This receipe was first published on Martha Steward’s website, several years ago, but looks just a yummy now as it did then!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 2 cups huckleberries, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners. Sift together flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture; beat until combined after each addition. Fold in huckleberries by hand.
- Divide batter among cups. Bake, rotating halfway through, until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat cream and confectioners' sugar until firm peaks form. Dollop cupcakes with whipped cream, garnish with berries, and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Make sure to let us know how much your special Valentine loved these huckleberry cupcakes!