Huckleberry BBQ Sauce
Okay, I know barbecue season is waaaaayyy off from now, but maybe, if you are like me, you are dreaming of warm weather and no snow!!
So if you are, or if you are just interested in barbeque sauce, here is a wonderful receipe I found on the Kleinworth & Co website. Great recipe to use up some of those extra huckleberries hiding in your freezer! (that is, if you have any extra huckleberries!)
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1-2/3 cup fresh or frozen huckleberries (you could sub with black or blueberries)
- 1/4 bell pepper - finely chopped
- 2 large sweet peppers- chopped
- 1 whole garlic (small) minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- In medium saucepan combine all ingredients except butter.
- Cook over medium-low heat stirring until fully combined & hot (almost boiling)
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes
- Transfer to blender - use caution with hot liquids!!
- Blend 60-120 seconds - or until all larger pieces are fully incorporated into sauce
- Taste test- (you can add more seasonings like salt or a couple drops of hot sauce to reach desired flavor)
- Transfer to prepared sterile jars
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.