Schweitzer Huckleberry Festival
If you are traveling or living in north Idaho, you might want to take in the huckleberry festival:
- Huckleberry pancake breakfast from 7am to 1pm: $8.95 for adults, $5.00 for kids
- Hosted huckleberry hikes
- Huckleberry Color Fun Run & Ride
- The Huckle Shuttle (to/from picking sites) runs from 9am to 3pm (based on berry availability)
- Crafts and huckleberry activities in the village from 12:30pm to 4pm
- Chairlift, Climbing Wall, Monkey Motion, Zip Line open 11am-5pm
- Arts and Crafts vendors from 11am to 5pm
- Free live music with Owen and McCoy from 1pm to 4pm
While in the area, you might want to visit Schweitzer’s hiking trails!
Take in majestic views of Lake Pend Oreille and the surrounding mountain ranges while you feast your taste buds on delicious bursts of huckleberry goodness. Whether or not you’ve ever enjoyed these iconic Northwest berries, you are in for a tangy, sweet and tart treat! Our typical huckleberry season lasts from late July until late August.
Sweetness worth stopping for! – eating these berries may make you forget that you came for a hike and two hours later you could find yourself only 100 feet down the trail with a full belly and a silly purple smile!