Huckleberry Lemon Bars
Seems we are on a roll for huckleberry baked desserts.
Check out this Huckleberry Lemon Bars recipe!
- 1 16.25 oz. box lemon cake mix
- 1 egg
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 16 oz. box confectionary sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pint huckleberries
- Combine cake mix, egg, zest, juice and butter in an electric mixer. Pat into a lightly greased 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- Spread huckleberries over crust in a single layer.
- Next, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth, add eggs, lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Dump in confectionery sugar and beat well. Mix well.
- Pour onto cake mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350* for 60 minutes. It should remain a little gooey in the center. Cool completely and cut into squares.