If you have been out picking loads of huckleberries, you are probably looking for some yummy recipes to use for your huckleberries.
Our favorite has always been huckleberry blinas (overnight pancakes) which is an old family recipe.
Recently, my husband came across this mouth watering recipe for huckleberry muffins:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg or egg replacer
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup favorite oil
- 1 cup fresh (or frozen) huckleberries
- Preheat oven to 400. Insert paper liners into a 10- or 12-muffin tin or spray with light oil.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine three wet ingredients, beating to froth with a whisk.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together with a spoon, just until there are no dry ingredients.
- Folk in huckleberries GENTLY with a spoon, wooden preferred.
- Use scoop to gently fill muffin tins up to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes for 10 muffins ... or slightly less for 12.