Huckleberry Peach Cobbler
Huckleberry recipes are starting to come in with the anticipation of picking and /or buying huckleberries! Today’s featured recipe is Huckleberry Peach Cobbler that I found on the WCNC website by Webb and Dowd Simpson
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup huckleberries, blackberries or blueberries
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 package sugar cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine peaches, huckleberries, lemon zest and lemon juice, and let the fruits absorb the juices for about 10 minutes. Next, add the sugar and flour.
- Mix gently and allow the mixture to sit for about 5 minutes. Spoon the mixture into a rectangular glass cooking dish or individual ramekins.
- Unwrap the sugar cookie dough. If the dough has pre-cut squares, squish each square so it is slightly flat, and place one on top of each ramekin (if there is leftover dough, go back and place a second squished square on each ramekin) or space evenly throughout the glass dish (in this case, the cookie dough should touch and slightly overlap).
- Place the dessert in the center of the oven and cook for about 40-45 minutes. The topping should have golden edges and the fruit juices should bubble. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Make sure to visit the original site to view the video!