Gluten-Free Huckleberry Muffins
With gluten intolerance become so prevalent, we decided to add this recipe to our collection. Thanks to Linda G. from Boise, Idaho for contributing her recipe.
2 cups Brown Rice Flour Mix
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon xanthum gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups unsweetened fresh huckleberries
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xantham gum, salt and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Add blueberries; stir to coat evenly.
3. Combine milk and oil in small bowl; remove 1 tablespoon of combined liquid and discard it. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add to dry mixture and stir until just blended.
4. Fill muffin pan and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.*
5. Bake 18-25 minutes and until light golden. Cool on rack.
* Cinnamon sugar is 2 tablespoons sugar to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.