Huckleberry Cream Cheese Pie
A pecan pastry is the base of this cream cheese pie that’s topped with a delicious huckleberry sauce.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen huckleberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
- Mix the chopped nuts, flour, and salt together in a small mixing bowl. Cut in butter until lumps are the size of small peas. Press into a 9 inch pie pan. Lightly press a double layer of aluminum foil into the pastry-lined pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove foil and set crust aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped cream and lemon juice. Spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate.
- Combine 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, water, and 1/4 cup lemon juice in a saucepan. Stir in huckleberries and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer and stir until thickened and no longer cloudy, about 2 minutes. Cool. Spread huckleberry mixture over cream cheese layer and refrigerate until ready to serve.